27 August 2006

More random thoughts

Sunday evening:
I am trying ... almost yoga style ... to relax and recharge my batteries. Wake-up / Monday morning comes in 8 1/2 hours .... it's 1830 now.

I have been reading up on, and watching TV about, 'active' volcanoes in the old U. S. of A. and I sincerly believe that I shall, in my lifetime, see a huge eruption in this country. I understand that it will kill thousands of people and cost billions in property damage, but I feel that it AND a huge earthquake are on the horizon in this country. Biblical prophesy, scientific fact (supposition), gut feeling .... yes, all that and more. The Cascade Range in the northwest, the San Andreas fault, the rift under Yellowstone ... and the San Francisco Peaks in Arizona. All potential danger spots. Oh well .. if it happens it happens.

I am not a fatalist. I am only a student of history and a lover of climatology, scientific inquiry. et al. As the Greeks said .."panta rhei"... all things are in flux. Or even better, the French said ... "plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose" ... the more things change, the more they're the same.

Monday evening:
I made it through another Monday. I am watching an old B/W movie on TCM and relaxing before my shower. Tuesdays are usually better, or so I am hoping.

We have a slight chance of rain this week and I am hoping for some.

My friend Dr. McGowan and his wife are at Ft Huachuca (about 70 miles away). Their son Travis, who is stationed there, is having his shoulder operated on. Hilda and I hope to have dinner with them in Tucson on Friday night. They fly back to Texas on Saturday morning.

I am picking up two of my nietos on Saturday morning inBenson, and they'll be in Tucson with me until Monday afternoon. I hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment