13 August 2006

Random Writing

We went to see a show at the Gaslight Theater last evening. Robert Shaw did Elvis' 1968 Comeback Tour. He had a great group of local musicians backing him. The Lonely Street Band included 3 members of The Arizona Blues Hall of Fame and two others that will be in there soon. Robert was in great form as "The King' and yet never took himself too seriously. He started this thing about a year ago. On Mondays, the Gaslight doesn't have shows. They rent the hall to musical groups, magicians, et cetera. Robert and a trio did an Elvis (young Elvis) show last August. It sold out in three days. Since then, he has had 13 shows sell out, including the one last night. He has done three major shows on Elvis, and we are going to see a newer version of the Young Elvis Show in a couple of months. Hilda got Robert to sign her picture of him, it says ... "To Hilda, Love me tender, RS". She is having me frame it today.

We really enjoy the Gaslight, and have never had a bad time there.

I had some time on my hands and I was reading the "Celebrity" portion (inside the front page) of the two Sunday magazines that come with my Sunday paper. I am celebrity stupid I guess. Who are all these people ... all the females look alike and all the guys need their hair combed, and most need a close shave. Do they get divorced on a daily ... or a weekly basis? Do people really hang on every move of these 'clones'?

I am hoping to get my two oldest nietos up during the Labor Day weekend. I really miss those guys. I wish that I could get custody of them.

Well, I had better eat and shower and get ready for yet another day at the proverbial grindstone.

Later gators!


No comments:

Post a Comment