12 March 2007

Just Stuff

I am doing Excel spreadsheets for work, and I got REALLY bored. I work all day long then I come home and do work "for free". I am really dumb I guess. But, we (read I) need the information in a readily accessable format so that I can understand what we have, where it's at, and what I have to replace it with. Perhaps it will pay off in the future or perhaps I am Don Quixote tilting at windmills.

I have been re-reading things that I read years ago to understand what the term "classic" means. Tonight, I am rereading Poe ... poetry mostly, not Murders in the Rue Morgue and such. You know ... The Raven, Annabelle Lee, et al. My plans are to go through some Hemingway, Tolstoy, Fitzgerald,Thomas Wolfe, Tennessee Williams, ray Bradbury, Robert Heinlein, etc.

Dean ... you seem to have access to eclectic info .... I am looking for a poem written by Eric Robson (Robison ?) Dobbs ???? called 'When the Ecstatic Body Grips' ... I think:

As much as I can remember (I read it 40 years ago):

"When the ecstatic body grips
it's heaven with little sobbing cries
Lips are crushed on hot blind lips
I read strange pity in your eyes
That you in you that I love best
masterless still, still unpossessed

Da-da-da-da and so forth

Last Phrase:
and the world is shrunken to a heap
of hot flesh straining on a bed"

I read it in the library in Danville, sometime back in the Pliocene era .. or maybe earlier. I was young once you know. I think that when Cain killed Abel ... I was called for jury duty. I am so old, that when Hilda and I go out to eat ... they make me pay in advance.

Well, better get back to the stupid Excel spreadsheets. Or better yet, lay down and read some Edgar A. and relax.

Have a great day and a better week.

No comments:

Post a Comment