28 March 2007

Questions

How come they do not have a spot in your dishwasher where you can wash your chopsticks? I use chopsticks fairly often ... I have 8-10 really good sets ... and I cannot wash them in my dishwasher because they fall through every spot you can put them.

Can I be the only person in the U.S. who uses them?

It is now Sunday evening, I wrote the drivel above on Thursday or Friday I think.

The weekend was far too short, as usual. We went to the club Saturday (day) and then came home and watched movies. Today, we went to Reid Park for the "Tucson Cleaner Air Festival" and then went shopping at Sam's Club and then stuffed ourselves with some Pat's Chili Dogs. You must understand, Pat's is not just a hot dog place, it is and has been a Tucson tradition since about 1948. The chili dogs come 'hot' or 'medium' and the medium ones are fairly hot. They also have fries, chili fries, shrimp, chicken and even a Big Pat's burger ... which is two patties, onions, mustard, pickles and hot chili with beans on a bun. such a great big delicious mess .... they are wonderful.

Any-hoo .. as they say ... I am sated, and sitting at my 'puter. I have a newly acquired (but released in 1995) CD on and am enjoying it to the hilt. It is High Strung Tall Tales by
Adrian Legg. For those of you who don't know the name... he is one of the greatest finger pickers extant. He was voted 'Guitarist of the Decade' for the 90's by Guitarist Magazine
and won the Guitar Player's Readers Poll as Best Acoustic Fingerstyle Guitarist for "93, "94, "95 and "96. Pretty fair hand, I'd say.

I should be doing some computer work for my job, but I feel like just kicking back and doing nothing as it were. I am going to open a Shiner Bock and listen to Adrian and to another newly acquired CD James Hand's The Truth Will Set You Free. Hand is a 54 year old from Waco who is releasing his first national CD. It was produced by Lloyd Maines and Ray Benson (Asleep at the Wheel). He is sort of like Hank Sr, Ernest Tubb, Lefty, and all those Texas musicians of the 50's, only he is here and now. He writes his own music, and sings really well ... nothing like the crop of young Country(??) guys out there now-a-days. On a scale of 1 to 10, he rates at least an 8 1/2 in my book.
And I do not give out 10's as you know.

I will make an early night of going to bed, I am half way through William Safire's In Love With Norma Loquendi. I assume you all know that Safire writes about the English language (as spoken in America) and that norma loquendi is a Latin phrase that means (roughly)
the standards of grammar as established by a language speaker's actual custom and or usage.

Speaking of language ... I made a Mexican guy at the look up
Margarita in the dictionary today. He didn't believe that the word means pearl. Almost a verbis ad verbera (from words to blows). I remembered it from the Latin phrase margarita antes porcos (pearls before swine)

Anyway, as I was saying, I want to get an hour or so of reading done before going to slumber land tonight.

All of you have a good tomorrow and a better day after.

PEACE ... LFTD


No comments:

Post a Comment