19 March 2007

Mexican jokes

I have forwarded several Mexican (wetback) jokes of late. They are similar to Aggie jokes (Texans know what I'm talking about), Polish jokes, black jokes (years ago), Bubba jokes, etc. Only the names have been changed. I am forwarding them to persons of Hispanic ancestry also ... they get a big kick out of them. Most of the Mexican/Hispanic/Latino people that I know are hard working Americans, most are veterans and all are proud of their heritage ...... and they understand the threat that illegal immigration is having (especially in my adopted state) and also the inherent humor in a lot of it.

I did not ask if anyone was offended, I really don't care. I am not offended by Redneck jokes, and I was born and raised a redneck. In fact, I know a lot of the people that Jeff Foxworthy (and others) are talking about. In fact, I am related to most of them. If we cannot laugh at ourselves, then we are in sad shape.

Well, it's been a 12 1/2 hour day and I need to rest ... there are a couple of good books on my night stand and I'm gonna' go open one.

Have a great week ... and hug someone, you'll both feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment