27 March 2007

Tuesday

Well, here I am again ... or still ... or something. I am as happy as a working man can be I guess. Just paid bills (on the computer, like everything else I do). I have a few bucks left over for Shiner Bock and gasoline, I have fresh ink cartridges in the printer, and some new paper in the feed. Just got my prescriptions in the mail from the V.A., and they just played Jimmie Dale Gilmore, Joe Ely and Cross Canadian Ragweed on Radio-i-o. The Shiner is cold and I ate the leftovers from that Trout recipe that I sent you. I don't think that I put it on the BLOG though. Oversight on my part.

Cajun Trout

4 whole trout, 1 pound each, cleaned with heads and tails removed
1 (16-ounce) bottle A-1 Steakhunter Cajun marinade
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green pepper, celery, and onion
1/4 teaspoon Wright's liquid smoke
1 tablespoon Tony Chachere's seasoning (or more, if you're like me, you can even some add liquid sauce, like Red Devil or Tapatio)
1/4 cup real crumbled bacon
Butcher twine, 12 pieces, 6 to 8 inches long
8 slices THICK CUT bacon

Set up grill for direct cooking over medium heat. Oil grate when ready to start cooking.
Place trout in large zip-top bag and cover with marinade; reserve 1/4 cup of marinade for sauce. Marinate for 30 minutes.

In a small saucepan, combine reserved marinade, tomatoes, liquid smoke, Cajun seasoning, and crumbled bacon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes; set aside.

Lay 3 pieces of butcher twine horizontally on a sheet pan, evenly spaced. Lay 1 slice of bacon vertically on top of butcher twine. Place 1 fish on top of bacon slice. Top fish with another slice of bacon. Tie each piece of twine so that you have 3 knots securely holding the fish in place. Repeat process with all remaining fish.

ON GRILL: Place whole fish on grill. Cook for a total of 15 to 18 minutes, turning every 3 to 4 minutes. Watch for flare-ups from bacon slices. Remove from grill. Untie twine from fish. Top with Cajun tomato sauce and serve warm.

INDOOR: Prepare and marinate trout as directed. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Place prepared trout on foil lined baking sheet. Roast fish for 30 minutes.

There ... it's on here.

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah .... counting my Tuesday blessings. Hilda just called and she said she loves me ... crazy girl. Now there's a good song on Radio-i-o "Delta Lady by Leon Russell", had almost forgotten that one. Anyway, the weather today was so-so, pretty breezy ... 25-35 mph this afternoon, almost as bad as being in Texas. Will be great sleeping weather tonight ... down in the mid 40's. Cousin Dean would call that sweltering heat... but it suits me fine. It was about 78 here today, fairly nice spring weather for us desert rats.

I hope that everyone out there is having a great week, a great March (almost over) and a fabulous 2007 so far.
PEACE and LFTD

No comments:

Post a Comment