14 March 2007

Now, I can't shut up

I have just finished work, showered and I now have RadioioAcoustic on the computer and I am attempting to relax a bit. There is a stuffed game hen in the oven and wine is chilling. I guess I will drive my blood pressure up until my doctor screams.

The doctors want me to give up salt, alcohol (all types), caffeine (even diet sodas), exercise regularly ... the only kind I can do is the stationary bike, so they say "buy one", yeah right! .... and not eat any fried food or high caloric food, eat lots of salads and fish and no sweets. Realistically .... who wants to live that damn bad? They frown on gravy, bacon, sausage, too many eggs, biscuits or kaiser rolls ..... they say a high fiber breakfast cereal with skim milk would be better for me. Fat damn chance, is all I can say!!!

O.K., the healthy life is out ... so what are my chances? I gave up my Cuban and Nicaraguan Cigars two years ago, didn't smoke that many ... one or two a week with wine or while playing golf. My beer consumption has been cut to about 15-20% of what it used to be. I mean, really, how long do I want to live? My stupid knees,
at times, makes me think that 61-62 years old is plenty . I'll be 62 in November. But then ... why deprive the world at large of a curmudgeon of my caliber any time soon? I could probably make a fortune hiring myself out to parents to use as a bad example to their kids ... whadda' ya think?

Well, that's enough morbid bitching for a while I rekon. I need to do that sometimes and get it off my chest. I work mainly by myself all day, come home and spend the evening by myself, sleep by myself and so sometimes I need to sound off to others.

I haven't written any poetry of any type of late (see other BLOG entries) and little or no political commentary ... and Hillary and her big mouth are just outstanding fodder for anyone to write about. One thing that I will say ... quickly ... she is all over George W for his staff's firing of all those federal lawyers. Her and her husband Slick Willy fired a lot more than that and also cut their ties to lawyer friends who went to the pen in their behalf or because of ties with Clinton interests. I really hate very few people .. but she is one. She wouldn't know the truth if it bit her in her unattractive ass.

Well, must watch the History Channel or the Food Network. Have a good week and a better weekend.

LFTD ... PEACE




No comments:

Post a Comment