26 October 2006

Afterwards

Here I sit and I'm alone, is that supposed to be a bad thing? I am totally happy being here alone and I actually look forward to being alone. I was once a "victim" of the need to constantly be around others, and also the need to be "friends" with so many people. I WOULD like to have more close friends these days, but my marriage to my ex drove off all the people that I would have been 'close friends' with. She only liked "her" friends and since I have been on my own (5 years) I have not formed many close relationships. My 'family' and I are estranged to a degree .. not enemies, but not close. Old age causes you to look back and WISH for another opportunity, but ... you're where you are, deal with it.

I have just finished watching Dick Cavett's 1973 interview with Katherine Hepburn, and I am watching 'Inside the Actor's Studio' with Al Pacino. Soon it will be bed time and I'll attempt to get enough sleep to be a semi-cognizent employee tomorrow.

I wanted to go to the Tucson Bluegrass Festival this weekend, but it looks as if we are going to get a motel in Benson for Saturday night and visit with my mom, my son, and a few of my nietos. Hilda wanted to go to Tombstone for the 125th Anniversary of "the Shootout at the O.K. Corral". So, I will humor her wishes. As for myself ... I lived there and I did the "Shoot-out" for 10 years at least 24 times a year. As my mom said .. "I haven't lost a damn thing in Tombstone and do not wish to return". But, I need to do this for her ... so, I will.

To Stanley: They'll have nothing like "OUR" fight scenes, they're not that great. And, they're not that dedicated.

Friday:
I was on the way to dinner with Hilda and a brake line ruptured on the Buick ... God sure does love poor people ... but it is fixed now and I am reading for bed. I will be in Cochise County all weekend, but will answer all queries on Sunday night.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment