04 October 2006

X-Mas Watch

Christmas (Mid-winter Holiday) wreaths for sale at Green Dollar ... October 3rd, two months and 22 days before the event. Can Christmas cards and Christmas trees be far behind? There may be other stuff out there already, but I do not have the time to shop much. Reinhardt told me about this item and we (the remaining group) rushed out to verify it.

We may have a new member to our little group ... we lost one member to marriage / new job out of state and one of our group passed away. The new member (possibly, because you have to really 'belong', it's not an honorary thing) is named Kevin and he is not a poet, but he is an anachronism in several ways ... and oddity helps in our group. He is also convinced that he is right about everything, and that his opinion should always be considered, if not accepted readily ... which also helps in our group. We are the home for unwelcome puppies, ugly orphans and lost, non-politically correct ideas. We are the (maybe not last) bastion of conservative, poetic thinking in our neck of the woods. Now, there is lots of conservative thinking in the area ... and lots of poetic/literary thinking. But ... the left (especially the FAR left) seems to have a hold on all the poetry slams, music, etc. It seems that the Conservative element in this area is too busy having 'normal' lives to get involved in the leftist controlled "Arts" industry. My favorite radio station ... KXCI, community radio ... is unabashedly liberal and has no place in it's environs for anyone on the the middle or the right. In fact, the most famous daughter of Tucson ... Linda Ronstadt, the Tucson born / California-adopted leftist ... left Tucson (her home town) recently because of all the Right-Wing people and their strip-mall mentality who abound in our fair Pueblo. It played in the local papers for several days. Now, let me admit ... I love Linda Ronstadt. I have loved her voice, talent, looks and presentation since the earliest 70's. I have really disagreed with her politics for almost the same amount of time.

I am the most foolish of all humans ... who who believes that he is really intelligent and believes that his ideas are actually credible. I am old enough to (finally) start believing in myself and maybe start believing that I am O.K. after all. I have lived much of my life trying to please others (especially those in power) and 'fit in'. It got me nowhere. I am still the discontented youth that I always was .... and, I am finally unashamed of what I believe and what I am. I finally like me, and I am grateful for Hilda's assistance in getting there. Now, I may die a semi-happy man.

Peace !

No comments:

Post a Comment