25 October 2006

Wednesday evening poem

Some poker on the tube or the History Channel's view
on stories of the past, something old or something new
some time at home alone, with cuisine I threw together
some peaceful desert breezes, Tucson's kinda' weather
all the worries of the day, slowly fade away
life is good I think, but who can really say
my health is holding on, I still can get around
my smile still pops out readily, I hardly ever frown
cold beer sits inside the fridge and supper's on the table
we all should try enjoying life, at least if we are able
the computer helps me talk, and listen, to my friends
and I've become addicted to the info that it sends
my inbox, like my snail mail, is always full of mail
is any worth the time? you can never really tell
but I read each piece, or sort of, interesting or spam
I guess that a computer geek is really who I am
or is it that my life revolves around this tiny screen?
and if it does, I wonder .. what does that really mean
but time goes by and it gets late, time to go to bed
and stop these silly questions that swirl inside my head
you all have fun, I must sign off, same time tomorrow night
time for a trip to dreamland, and I plan to do it right
I'll dream of days when I was young with spring in every step
a head of hair, my own teeth, I was full of vim and pep
I'll ride the range with friends I've known and some I've never met
and do so many exciting things, and never break a sweat
sleep sweet prince .. and rest these bones that ache in every way
for sure as as hell, tomorrow brings another day

No comments:

Post a Comment