13 October 2006

Recent Thoughts

It's Friday ....

Working, sleeping etc. ... same old, same old here in the desert. The old Buick is draining my bank account still. Nothing major, just odds and ends. It is running much better since I got an ignition coil for cylinders 3/6. Seems as if I need an alternator now, then everything should be honkey-dorey.

Tomorrow, Hilda and I are going to the Gaslight Theater at 1500 for the Heartbreak Hotel show with Robert Shaw and then to the regular Gaslight show .. Phantom of the Opera ... at 1900. I have to work from 0500 until about 1030 - 1130. Sunday, we are going to Reid Park for the Blues Festival, with my favorite piano playing lady from Texas ... Marcia Ball. Have to relax next weekend I guess.

Skip ahead to Sunday ....

Work was crazy yesterday. Then we went to see "Heartbreak Hotel" at the Gaslight. It was Robert's best effort thus far. We ... and several hundred others .... sang along, applauded, and had the finest of times. He did a lot of "obscure" Elvis things ... like "Train. train. train", "How Great thou Art", "Blue Moon of Kentucky", "That's Alright Mama" and others. We came home, had some pork tenderloin and went to the 7:00 show of "Phantom of the Opera".

I have not been writing much. It seems as if that old Valley Fever is bothering me again. Want to sleep all the time, have no energy and have to force myself to get things done. I do feel somewhat more energetic this morning. We are going to see Marcia Ball at the Blues Festival and will probably stop by the "Tucson - Meet Yourself" fest before dark.

Hope that everyone is having a great week.

Peace !

No comments:

Post a Comment