19 September 2006

Almost autumn

It is almost autumn .... everywhere but here in the desert southwest. Though it has cooled to the low 90's during the day and gets down to the low 60's at night, it is still summer here and probably will be for a couple of months. But, I would rather live here than anywhere else. Just the thought of snow and ice on the east coast and in the north makes me shudder with dread. I understand that there are those who look forward to such events ... better them than me.

Work is the same as usual and life outside of work is as usual also. Life is bland, but it beats the heck out of the alternative I guess. I am in a quandry about my apartment. After moving all the furniture for the carpet cleaners, I am at odds as to what I want to put where and what I want to eliminate from the decor. Less is more ... I know that .... but I have some important (to me) stuff and so little room in this apartment. Then there is the stuff that H has collected or that I have given her. It is a growing assemblage.

I am relaxing and watching the TV .... "Rashomon" starring Toshiro Mifune, followed by "Yojimbo" also with Mifune.

With Hilda being let go at her job, I was able to give her a couple of days work in the warehouse at $11 an hour. Only wish I had more menial work for her. But, any money helps her I guess. And the money is more than she usually makes. Hell, she may have to support ME after the first of the year. Never know where things are heading.

I was listening to some Gene Watson on the CD player just now. He had/has one of the best/most distinctive voices in country music over the last three decades and his choices in songs was really great. Anyway, I'd like to pass on the first verse in the song that I was enjoying.

"You said you dreamed of candlelight .. and old, fine, French champagne
satin pillows on a bed, and music softly played
tonight you're gonna' have it all, I only want to please
let me lead you down the hall, ... this dream's on me"


I truly love lyrics, they are the reason for my being at times. I know people who hear a song numerous times and do not know the words, or even people who have a 'favorite' song and do not know the words to it. I hear a song, and if I like it .. the words just leap out at me. Tunes are nice ... but words are The Song.







No comments:

Post a Comment