25 September 2006

MNF on ESPN

Here I am in my cocoon ..... Monday Night Football on the TV (almost), my computer monitor in front of me, the A/C humming, Shiner Bock in a frosted glass, pork stuffed zucchini with some Tony Chachere's sprinkled on top. [I need to post the receipe on here for you guys, it's almost sinful] Life is good here in the desert for an old, fat, transplanted southern boy. The weather is wonderful .... mid 90's in the day, mid 60's at night. Great sleeping weather in the desert.

Hilda is working for me in the warehouse a couple of days again this week and possibly a couple or three next week. She needs the money and I need a worker I can trust. I am paying her almost double what she was making at the day care center, but she can't get 40 hours with me. Every little bit of cash helps her though.

I have been watching the replay of the Chris Wallace-Bill Clinton interview from FOX NEWS Sunday. Now I am doing the MNF thing on ESPN. But, with all the celebratory stuff, the music and the "hooray, we're back from Katrina" stuff ... I won't see any football before bedtime. Hell, they're having the HALFTIME show before the game. You know, ... I like what I am doing work-wise (wish it were a 10 year gig rather than a temporary gig) but I would like to have (before I die) a job where I could stay up past 1930 (7:30 PM) at night and actually watch an entire Monday Night Football game or a movie or TV show in Prime Time. To get 8 hours sleep, I would actually have to be asleep by 1900 (7 PM). But, hell .... the money is outstanding, so I'll plug along and accept the cards I am dealt.

I'm gonna' check out Bill O'Reilly on FOX and come back to this "football" game.

Holy poop head, they have Ex-Prez G. Bush Sr tossing the coin at the football game. How can ANY game live up to this hype ... it's like the 2nd Coming of Christ .... live and in your living room .... play the game for heaven's sake.

Am I being a stick-in-the-mud or what? This is Monday Night Football and they're attempting to make you feel as if there should be a Nobel Prize or a Pulitzer or an Oscar or some damn thing presented to someone. Hell, I hope nobody scores in 3 or 4 overtimes and they play until daylight (while I am sleeping of course).

Oops, somebody scored already ..... The Saints quickly caused a fumble and ran it in for a score with 13:30 left in the 1st quarter. And then .. they held Atlanta in the red zone and the Falcons had to kick a field goal. May be a pretty good game after all. But ... beddy -bye time looms and I will only be able to watch the 1st half.

Later folks, ... Peace, and hug a child.





No comments:

Post a Comment