02 September 2006

Saturday AM

It is Saturday, the first one of September ... where did the summer go? Of course, we here in the southwest will still be in "summer" weather conditions (according to east coast types) until late November. We will be in the 80's this weekend and back into the high 90's about Tuesday.

It is 0500 and I am heading out to Benson to pick up the nietos (Abel and Devin). Hilda and I got to see my best friend Dr. S.S. "Valdez" McGowen and his wife and son over dinner last evening. Travis (his son) had a shoulder operation on Monday and is going back to Texas with his mom and dad on a little leave ... he is in the Army at Ft Huachuca. We had a full table .... Hilda, me, Valdez, Jolene (his wife), Travis and a friend of Travis' named Paul (and of course Ethan, Valdez's seeing eye dog). Stanley (his real name) told me that his original service dog, Nicro, died last January in his sleep. He had been retiredfrom servicefor several years and was just a pet. He had been such a wonderful helper and friend to Stan all those years. He was such a beautiful dog. Ethan, another golden lab, is a pretty dog .... but Nicro was a special animal. We mourn his passing. Well, better get on the road. More later.

Later:
I am here again. It is Sunday though. The nietos monopolized my time and my computer (both of them) since yesterday. They are asleep now and so I get 15-20 minutes on it.

The
U of A Wildcats... huge underdogs to BYU of Utah ... won their opening football game of the season last night. Congrats to the Cats. It was a great game. "Headline City" here in Tucson.

We are going to
Golf n' Stuff after 12 today. They want to ride the Go-carts, etc. Hope that the Labor Day weekend is going well for all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment