14 September 2006

T.G.I.F.

Today is my nieto's birthday, I must remember later.

I will be late for work today, but I pre-warned them. The memorial last evening went well .. in fact, it was still going when I came home. I have to work
at least 'a little' today . I need the money and they need my attendance, my knowledge, and my expertise.

We sent the late Mr. Chantz to the netherworld in grand style and hilarity last evening. I only hope that someone is left when I buy the farm to remember me in such a light-hearted and realistic way. We did not mourn his passing, we praised the journey of his life. That is the most that anyone can possibly hope for. He was cremated and will not take up space in a manicured, watered piece of urban land. He will be a part of the desert that he loved and you will never be able to separate him from those surroundings. Cactus will grow in his dust and small animals will scurry through his remains. Live long and prosper in your next existance Mr. Slim, you left a void here. But, your memory, like all memories ... will increase in stature as it is retold. Good night sweet prince.


No comments:

Post a Comment