24 September 2006

Autumn

It is autumn, still warm in the desert though. I am still wearing shorts at work, but when I go in at 0400 ... I have been wearing a long sleeved for an hour or so (not buttoned up though). This week was another 7 day work week. I put in 8 3/4 hrs. yesterday and 6 today. Short days.

Hold the phone !!! I just got back from Safeway (the grocery store) and I am highly pissed. The couple in front of me used their "Food Stamp" card. "She" was talking on one of those new expensive camera/cell phones and both of them had plenty of 'Bling' on their bodies. "He" paid for the cigarettes, beer and Jose Cuervo with cash ... everything else was food stamps. That was bad enough, but when I went outside ... there they were, she was hard to forget, getting into a Hummer H-3 with Mexican plates and a "My child was student of the month at Greenday Country School" bumper sticker. That is one expensive school. I am almost jumping up and down. We do not need a 'fence' at the border. We need a 30 foot tall brick wall. I'll write more when I calm down.

O.K., I am back.

Didn't get to watch any football games today. What with work, taking Hilda home, and we watched a DVD of 5-6 of Carlos Mencia's TV shows. He is a funny dude. He will be in Tucson on October 13th, but I do not have tickets. My 15 year old grandson would kill to go to that concert. I am watching the NFL game on NBC as I type (Denver and the Patriots). The Arizona Cardinals lost a squeaker on a fumble today, Sheryl's Vikings lost a close one they should have won(again on a fumble), Bret Favre won one for the Cheeseheads, and Dean's Ravens won a close one they could have lost. All the games were really close.

Well, I have to relax. Only slept about 5 hours last night .... we watched Sam Peckipah's "The Wild Bunch" last evening (Hilda picked it out, she'd never seen it) and I didn't get to sleep until after 2300. Had to get up at 0400, ... but actually slept until 0430.

Have a great week. LFTD

No comments:

Post a Comment