26 September 2006

Tuesday

I am home from the salt mine, and I am washing clothes and dishes. Thank God and Tommy Edison for electricity. We got the "News" today at work. The project is officially over the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Target wants to continue through the holidays, so I'll be working through the first of the year. I'll no longer get tons of overtime after October ... my overtime has been averaging $300 - $400 per week. That'll hurt, but all good things come to an end. I'll lose my trusty sidekick after Thanksgiving, hate to see him go as he is the hardest working 19 year old that I have been around in years. He is also intelligent and punctual. Hasn't missed a day since I hired him, and was only late (20 mins) one time. Hilda only got 8 hours in this week, but may get 18-20 next week. I wish I had more for her to do.

Desert autumn is like summer, but still
it cools down enough to stiffen your will
to the desert folk, the low 90's are great
and 60's at night ... is a hell of a state
while those back east have dreams of snow
and temperatures of 32 or below
we are dreading those days, coming fast
when we actually need long sleeves at last
shorts are no longer our daily dress
we dread it, but I must confess
there's a slight chance, in some later day
I'll think a sport coat is the mode of the day
and, perish the thought, sweaters abound
I might even turn the A/C down
but, those days are still off quite a while
so I'll enjoy the Fall with a smile
and I'll wear shorts at Oktoberfest
and fell as if I'm still well dressed

The autumnal muse has reared it's ugly head and you must suffer through it's rantings. Have a nice day / week.

Peace !!

No comments:

Post a Comment