12 September 2006

Reporting from the desert

Tuesday evening, almost dark. The clouds have been looming all afternoon like vultures over carrion. Their presence a harbinger of moisture ... but alas, no. Not in my portion of the city anyway. On the west side, where my lady resides, moisture of some substance. I took her to Bianchi's for some appetizers this afternoon and the rains came down slowly and steadily. But not here on the eastern fringes of the Old Pueblo. But, we are saturated anyway. The official rainfall in Tucson is about 10 1/2 inches this year. But, on the eastern side of town we are around 14 inches this year. That is a large amount of precipitation in the desert.

Speaking of my lady (and I do often), she had an interview with a Montessori School today about a teacher's aide position. If she achieves it, she will most likely move into my apartment as it is in walking distance of the school. How that will affect our relationship remains to be discovered, but I am optimistic as always.

I must get showered, shaven and get into my novel a while before the sandman gets to me.

Hugs and LFTD

No comments:

Post a Comment